Book a one day course for your staff on 'systematic training techniques' (data-based,
error free learning, utilising task analysis and a hierarchical approach to levels of assistance).
As we approach the National Disability Insurance Scheme, the focus will be on both 'person centred approaches' and 'active support' - approaches that I sum up as 'doing with, not for' - solid systematic training techniques maximise the participants
participation, and are the most efficient way of achieving task independence.
So get your staff NDIS ready!
Learning outcomes include understanding:
- the principles of person centred approaches and active learning
- the instructional cycle
(cue, response, affect)
- the stages of learning (acquisition, fluency, maintenance)
- how to conduct and create a task analysis, including assessing quality and rate requirements (where relevant)
- the principles of error-free learning
- how to use instructional cues and a heirarchy of levels of assistance
- how to use naturally
occuring motivational effects
- how to efficiently collect effective data
to fade trainer assistance
Email or call me for a quote: email@example.com 0412